The OCP seminars for Fall 2021 will be a mix of both virtual and in person! In-person seminars will be held at Monell Auditorium on Fridays at 11:00 am (EST). All seminars will be live streamed via zoom (https://columbiauniversity.zoom.us/j/94560853993?pwd=dHAxVGx3blYxOENNVHFvRE0rb05Wdz09). Please note, to lower the risk of Zoom - bombing, we would like to ask you to log in with your full name displayed. See here for the shuttle bus schedule between the Lamont and Morningside campuses.
- September 10th, Atousa Saberi, Johns Hopkins University, "Kinematics and dynamics of oceanic overflows: the Denmark Strait as a case study"
- September 17th, Cheng Zheng, LDEO, "Turbulent Heat Flux, Downward Longwave Radiation and Large-Scale Atmospheric Circulation Associated with Wintertime Barents-Kara Sea Extreme Sea Ice Loss Events"
- September 24th, Clara Orbe, NASA GISS, "Large-Scale Tropospheric Transport: Connections with Dynamics and New Observational Constraints"
- October 1st, annual OCP Division Meeting
- October 8th, Tashiana Osborne, UCSD/Scripps, Atmospheric rivers
- October 15th, Alyssa Stanfield, Stony Brook University, Tropical cyclones & modeling
- October 22th, Tsung-Lin Hsieh, Princeton University, Tropical cyclones & modeling
- October 29th, Kaiyu Guan, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ecohydrology
- November 5th, Christina Karamperidou, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, Tropical cyclones & ENSO
- November 8th (special OCP seminar on Monday), John Marshall, MIT, Oceans not here and not now
- November 12th, Lee Murray, University of Rochester, Greenhouse gases
- November 19th, Lorenzo Polvani, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory
- November 26th, Thanksgiving
- December 3rd, Talea Mayo, Emory Univerisity, Hydrodynamic modeling of coastal hazards
- December 10th, Jesse Cusack, Rutgers University, Ocean internal waves
If you want to join the after-seminar meeting with the speakers, or have any questions, comments, or seminar suggestions, please contact the seminar coordinators:
Shuwen Tan- [email protected]
Arianna Varuolo-Clarke - [email protected]