Education is an essential factor in the global fight against climate change. Join our panel of researchers, local government leaders, and educators as they discuss their work on improving climate change education in New York City public schools. This event will include short presentations and conversation among the panelists, followed by questions from the audience.
- Thad Copland - Deputy Director of Sustainability, NYC Department of Education
- Oren Pizmony-Levy – Associate Professor, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Meredith McDermott – Director of Sustainability, NYC Department of Education
- Sean McFadden – Teacher, Eagle Academy for Young Men II
- Kerry Hynes – Teacher, The Ovington School
This event is hosted by the Center for Sustainable Futures at Teachers College, Columbia University.
The Climate Group has selected the Columbia Climate School as its university partner for this year’s Climate Week NYC. Running Sept. 20-26, Climate Week NYC convenes key climate leaders to accelerate climate action and discuss ambitious commitments ahead of the 26th UN Climate Change Conference, or COP26, later this fall in Glasgow.