Youth activists are increasingly taking action and speaking out about their future being under serious threat from the effects of climate change. This panel features scholars, local government leaders, and youth activists. Speakers will examine questions of what motivates youth to mobilize, and what adults can do to support young people at this time. This event will include short presentations and conversation among the panelists, followed by questions from the audience.
Moderator: Raksha Vasudevan, Postdoctoral Researcher, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Erika Kessler – PhD Candidate, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Eliza Brenman – Sustainability Specialist, NYC Department of Education
- Mariana Casellato – Zankel Fellow, Teachers College, Columbia University
- Amina Castronovo – Youth Climate Activist
- Ajani Stella – Youth Climate Activist
This event is hosted by the Center for Sustainable Futures at Teachers College, Columbia University.
The Climate Group has selected the Columbia Climate School as its university partner for this year’s Climate Week NYC. Running Sept. 20-26, Climate Week NYC convenes key climate leaders to accelerate climate action and discuss ambitious commitments ahead of the 26th UN Climate Change Conference, or COP26, later this fall in Glasgow.