Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Efforts at Columbia: Institutional Lessons for the Climate School
- Alicia Roman, Senior Associate Dean of Finance and Administration, Columbia Climate School
- Jeri Henry, Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA)
- Dennis Mitchell, Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement; Executive Vice President for University Life
- Latha Venkataraman, Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- Celina Chatman Nelson, Associate Dean of Academic Diversity and Inclusion, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (GSAS)
- Anne Taylor, Senior Vice President for Faculty Affairs and Career Development; Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, Columbia University Irving Medical Center (CUIMC)
The Columbia Climate School is committed to developing an inclusive, welcoming, and diverse workplace for our faculty, researchers, staff, and students. This event will be an opportunity to bring together members of the Columbia community who have experience with institutional diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism (DEIA) efforts through their leadership roles and visionary actions. It will be a targeted panel discussion, moderated by Alicia Roman, focused on the efforts taken by Columbia to expand DEIA and how such efforts can help support and inform the Climate School’s goals. This panel will help provide key insight into the actions, policies, and initiatives across Columbia and highlight important lessons and successes. As Columbia acknowledges systemic racism and its own historic shortcomings as an institution, it is essential to have these conversations and foster a collaborative environment to effect real change moving forward.